Friday, September 14, 2007

Help Peru!

I have been here in Lima, Peru now since Friday, August 31, 2007, and man what an
amazing week. My company (DJM Interactive, Inc.) is producing a documentary
on the lives of the Peruvians who were affected by the recent series of
earth-quakes that rocked the region due south of Lima ( Yauyo, Chicha, Pisco
and Ica). We've partnered with a non- profit in New York City to supply us
with much needed recycled Medicines and during the week of Sept. 17 through
the 22, we have a team of doctors, pharmacists, nurses, and dentists who
will be assisting us with a mobile clinic that will take day trips to the
affected areas. I'm leaving at 3:00 A.M., Sunday morning, with a small team
of five people who will assist me seeking and observing some of the smaller
villages un-touched by the Army, Air Force, or the Red Cross and documenting
what's working, not working and what are the specific needs and assistance.
DJM Interactive, Inc. is in the process of establishing a non-for-profit
organization here in Peru called, "Resuelve" the Peruvian counterpart of
S.O.L.V.E. U.S.A. (To Seek, Observe, Learn, Volunteer, and Educate est. in
1974 in high school). This non-profit will stay in Peru while I'm in the
States. For those of you who would like to see some recent footage that was
shot before I arrived log onto: contigoestamosperu.blogspot.com
Mail to osperu@blogspot.com
You can also contact me directly at (305) 749-8500 Ext. 8512 or at my cell
number in Peru: 011-51-1-9492-9953
Take care,

David Martinez

No comments: